Tanka T091

Don’t worry about –
The most wealthy one percent –
But worry about  –
The 20 percent who ruins
It all for the rest of us

06.28.16

.

———————————————————————————————————————

Copyright by Minh Tan on listed dated of completion.

———————————————————————————————————————

.

Notes to this poem…

For one thing, there’s more than the one percent that’s ruining a lot of things for us all in that big corporate sort of way. They’re also a lot more out of reach to most of us.

On the other hand, the 20% that generally ruins a lot of little things in life for the other 80%, they’re far more numerous than the 1%. They’re also the ones I find most annoying and can get at since they’re in my everyday life. They’re the ones who think they’re above the “law”, or policy for some things. Or they believe they can get away with something and goes for it, requiring additional checks or requirements to be put in place just to catch them cause it’s not fair to the other 80% to carry their burden while everyone shares the benefits, or they even try to get more of a free ride.

The poems titled Tanka, followed by a number, are tanka composed while I was not engaged in some activity during which I frequently composed poetry. That is why these are called the Inactive Tanka collection.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s